The University of Michigan's Design Science Program is a unique interdisciplinary academic program requiring students to integrate traditional disciplines to tackle modern, complex design problems.
- An innovative paradigm for integrating research, education, and practice.
- Customized programs of study to empower students to identify and contribute to design questions they care about.
- Access to an uncommon breadth of world renowned faculty, state-of-art facilities and inspiring courses from the university's top 10 programs in engineering, business, medicine, information, psychology, and the arts.
- Inclusion of individual, societal, marketplace, governmental, political, environmental, and technological concerns in design innovation.
- Master's degrees, where students learn to study, apply, and create design principles using proven quantitative, qualitative, and analytical methods.
- PhD degrees where students are challenged to create novel design techniques and methods through scientific investigation.
- Opportunities for our graduates to take their place among the leaders and the best in the new field of Design Science.