Prerequisites for Admission
The Ross School of Business and the College of Engineering have separate prerequisites for admission.
Prerequisites for Master of Engineering in Manufacturing:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree or equivalent (not an engineering technology degree).
- At least two years of college of engineering mathematics (including probability and statistics) and a course in manufacturing processes.
- A college course in manufacturing processes.
- At least 12 months of cumulative full-time relevant industrial experience.
- A one-page statement of purpose, two letters of recommendation (at least one of which must be from an employer), and official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts are required.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended but not required.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. Official test results form the Test of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL), the Michigan English Language Assessment (MELAB), the ITLTS test, or the Examination for the Michigan Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE) are required unless the applicant has successfully completed a Bachelor of Science in an English-speaking country.