Curriculum and Plan of Study
Master's Degree Requirements
Requires 30 Total Credit Hours of course work with:
- At least 21 Credit-Hours in letter graded (A-E) courses at the 500-level or above
- At least 6 Credit-Hours toward a practicum (Graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
- Up to 3 credit hours for a SE+D program approved fundamentals course (any 400-level or above engineering or science appropriate for a student's Area of Concentration)
- At most, 6 Credit-Hours total may be in courses at the 400-level.
Course Requirements and Plan of Study
*9 Credit Hours including one design elective
A. Systems Engineering + Design Core (9 credits)
- ISD 520: Introduction to Systems Engineering (Offered Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer) Online, On-campus
- ISD 599C: Development and Verification of System Design Requirements (Offered Fall) Online, On-campus
- ISD 599D: System Architecting, Concept Development and Embodiment Design (Offered Winter) Online, On-campus
B. Systems Engineering Electives (3 Credit Hours)
Note: System Engineering Electives also may be taken as part of the Systems Engineering Concentration Area (section C).
- IOE 591: Risk Management (Offered Winter Term) On-campus
- ISD 599A: Software Systems Engineering (Offered Winter Term) Online, on-campus
- MFG 599B: Design for Six Sigma (Offered Winter Term) Online, on-campus
C. Concentration Area Electives (9 Credit Hours including one design-focused elective)
- C1.Design-Focused Elective (3 Credit Hours)
- C2. Concentration Area Electives (6 credit hours)
D. Practicum and Fundamentals (9 Credit Hours)
Students may select one of the following
- 9-credit Practicum
- 6-credit Practicum and 3-credits for a Fundamentals Course
- Note: This fundamentals course may be any pre-approved 400-Level or above engineering or science course appropriate for a student's plan of study.
- 6-credit Practicum with an additional 3-credits from a student's Concentration Area or any Systems Engineering Elective (see section B).