Curriculum and Plan of Study
Master's Degree Requirements
Requires 30 total credits of coursework with:
- At least 24 credits* in letter graded (A-E) courses.
- At most 6 credits may be in letter graded (A-E) approved courses at the 400 level.
- At least 6 credits toward a practicum (graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory).
Course Requirements and Plan of Study
+ Design Core
9 creditsView Courses
12-15 creditsView Courses
6-9 creditsView Courses
Systems Engineering + Design Core (9 credits): Breadth
- ISD 520: Introduction to Systems Engineering (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer) Online, On-campus
- ISD 599C: Development and Verification of System Design Requirements (Fall) Online, On-campus
- ISD 599D: System Architecting, Concept Development and Embodiment Design (Winter) Online, On-campus
Student-Selected Electives (12-15 Credits): Depth
Students may take elective courses from across the university, provided the courses are relevant to the student's field of study.
At least 3 credits must come from a systems engineering elective, and at least 3 credits must come from a design-focused elective. The remaining 6-9 credits are at the student's discretion, with program director approval.
- AEROSP 483: Space Systems Design (Winter) On-campus
- AEROSP 588: Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (Winter) On-campus
- CEE 480: Design of Environmental Engineering Systems (Fall) On-campus
- DESCI 501: Analytical Product Design (Fall) On-campus
- EECS 561: Design of Digital Control Systems (Winter) On-campus
- ISD 528: Advanced Design for Manufacturability (Fall) Online, on-campus
- MECHENG/MFG 555: Design Optimization (Winter) Online, on-campus
- NAVARCH 570: Marine Design (Winter) On-campus
- NERS 561: Nuclear Core Design (Winter) On-campus