Grow Your Competitive Edges
Whether you want to build a career, company, or industry, continuing professional development is a critical component of success in our evolving global economy.
One of the nation's top-ranked Colleges of Engineering, the University of Michigan offers professional development programs taught by subject matter experts from the U-M faculty, its affiliates, and industry partners. These programs are available in convenient formats to meet a variety of needs.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Office
- Lean Pharmaceutical
- Lean Product Development
- Lean Supply Chain and Warehouse Management
Online Professional Programs
- Online Certificates and Courses
- Lean Healthcare
- Lean Supply Chain for Healthcare
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Healthcare
- Dynamics of Heavy Trucks
- Financial Management for Engineers
- Human Factors Engineering
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Improvement Kata & Coaching Kata: Theory and Practice
Emerging Technologies Online
- Certificate in Emerging Automotive Technologies
- Drive-by-Wire Course
- Battery Management and Safety for Electric Vehicles Course
- Engineering Software Intensive Systems Course
- Hybrid Vehicles Course
- Innovation in Manufacturing Course
- Electrical Energy Storage Course
- Telematics Course
- Vehicle Control Systems Course
Six Sigma Certification
- Design for Six Sigma Green Belt
- Design for Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Six Sigma Green Belt Healthcare
- Six Sigma Green Belt Manufacturing
- Six Sigma Black Belt Manufacturing
- Six Sigma Green Belt Transactional Service
- Six Sigma Black Belt Transactional Service
Program with online delivery option
Certificate Programs and Professional Development Coursework
ISD professional development programs run from one to ten days and can include exclusive hands-on simulations, group exercises, and specialized facility tours. Certificate programs focus on transferring skills to participants. Satisfactorily completing online testing is a requirement for a certificate. Some certificates include completion of an approved project within a specified period of time.
Any of the existing programs can be presented at a company site. Specialized programs to meet specific company needs can also be developed.
Online programs are available in Six Sigma Black Belt and Green Belt in manufacturing, transactional, and Design for Six Sigma and Green Belt in healthcare. These courses can also be taught in person at company sites.
For upcoming dates and enrollment options for our professional development programs, click one of the links to the left.