When and How to Apply to ISD Programs
ISD conducts a holistic review of all applications on a rolling basis throughout the year and admits students for each term: Fall (August), Winter (January), and Spring/Summer (May). Submitting your application by the deadlines below will determine your eligibility for ISD scholarships and the timeline of admission decisions. Applicants will receive an admissions decision within 6-8 weeks of the posted deadline.
Students are encouraged to review and consider each deadline carefully to ensure they have adequate time to prepare a complete application: if an application is incomplete by the Extended Consideration deadline, the applicant must re-apply for a future term and pay that application fee. See Application Materials for details. International students are highly encouraged to apply for the Early Decision deadline, as it may require extra time to collect the necessary documentation for visa paperwork after admissions.
- We have several application deadlines for each term. Please review and consider each deadline carefully to ensure you have adequate time to prepare and submit a complete application.
- All application submissions are final, unamendable, and application fees are non-refundable.
- If your application for Winter semester is incomplete by August 15, you must re-apply for a future term and pay that application fee.
Winter Application Deadlines
The U-M Winter semester begins in early January and concludes in late April
Deadline: August 15
- Full-time (taking at least 8 credits per semester) applicants who have submitted their complete application will automatically be considered for ISD scholarship
- This is only and final deadline for international on-campus students