ISD celebrated its Fall 2015, Winter 2016, and Spring/Summer 2016 graduates and award recipients on April 29 at its facility on North Campus. Friends, family, and program faculty joined the graduating students for a lively strolling luncheon and a ceremony led by ISD Chair Panos Papalambros. Highlights included remarks by Energy Systems Engineering (ESE) Program Director Suljo Linic—who congratulated the graduates and stressed the importance of an interdisciplinary approach to engineering—and inspiring reflections from Manufacturing Engineering graduate and Olympic qualifier Sean Ryan.
Five ISD students and graduates were also individually honored with awards during the ceremony:
- Brittany Szczepanik, M.Eng. Energy Systems Engineering: ISD Engineering Master’s Fellowship
- Caroline Mills, M.Eng. Energy Systems Engineering: ISD Engineering Master’s Fellowship
- Gregory Caputo, M.S. Design Science: ISD Engineering Master’s Fellowship
- Mary Molepske, M.S. Design Science: ISD Engineering Master’s Fellowship
- Ryan Moody, M.Eng. Energy Systems Engineering: ISD Travel Grant — (Check out our story on Ryan, who was the College of Engineering’s Student Commencement Speaker)
To see the graduation ceremony in its entirety, watch this 12-minute video featuring remarks by Dr. Papalambros, Dr. Linic, and Sean Ryan.
Congratulations to all graduates and Go Blue!