Prerequisites for Admissions
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline such as Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering (a bachelor’s degree of technology or engineering technology is not accepted) from an ABET-accredited institution in the US (or the international equivalent).
- At least two years of college engineering mathematics including probability and statistics. Degree must have been completed in good standing (generally defined as a US GPA of B (3.0 or above)) or higher.
- Applicants should have relevant industry-related working/internship experience by the beginning of the first semester of enrollment.
- An online application is required. In addition, a one-page statement of purpose, one-page resume, letters of recommendation, and official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts are required.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency and are required to provide an official score report from either the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS), or the Examination for the Michigan Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE). If a student received a bachelor’s degree from a college or university where the language of instruction is exclusively English, the English proficiency requirement MAY be waived.
- The GRE is required when applying to the Doctor of Engineering (D.Eng) program and all Master of Engineering (M.Eng) programs, excluding Sequential Undergraduate/Graduate Study (SUGS) applicants.