Earn a Top Ranked Master's Degree and Advance Your Career!
Integrative Systems + Design (ISD) is a top ranked division within the College of Engineering at the University of Michigan that offers six pre-eminent interdisciplinary programs:
- Automotive Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Design Science
- Global Automotive and Manufacturing Engineering
- Systems Engineering + Design
Students learn online or on-campus from world-renowned faculty and industry experts among a mixed cohort of working professionals and full-time graduate students which allows for a richer learning experience.
Join a Top Tier Engineering School
Michigan Engineering is home to top-ranked departments that collaborate within the nation’s number one public research institution—the University of Michigan. We strive to anticipate the global, technological and educational changes ahead, and position our institution to lead the evolution of 21st-century engineering research and education for the benefit of the common good.
Michigan Engineering is ranked:
- #1 U.S. Public University (by QS World Rankings, 2020)
- #1 Public Research University In The U.S. (by the National Science Foundation, 2017)
- #2 Industrial / Manufacturing / Systems Engineering Programs (by U.S. News and World Report, 2020)
- #6 Best Online Master’s in Engineering Programs (U.S. News and World Report, 2023)
At ISD, I took a variety of classes to better understand how everything in a system connects to everything else and to users. I am applying those lessons in the real world, creating and connecting products people will see and use.
Kathryn D’Alessandro ’21
MEng, Systems Engineering + Design