How to Register for Online Courses
ISD students register online, generally two to three months prior to the start of each semester.
- Fall: registration opens in June; classes begin in September
- Winter: registration opens in October; classes begin in January
- Spring/summer: registration opens in February; classes begin in May
Requirements for Online Registration
- Students must be admitted into ISD either as degree-seeking students or non-candidate-for-degree (NCFD) students. Information on the admissions process is available here. NCFD students may take up to two courses without being formally admitted into a program.
- Students must have a UMID. Contact us if you do not have this number.
- A high-speed internet connection outside of a corporate firewall is required to access online course lectures.
Steps for Online Registration:
- Read over the online graduate courses for the upcoming semester. Be sure to take note of any prerequisites and system requirements.
- Using your pre-approved plan of study, identify the classes for which you would like to register.
- Select the "Register Now" button, which then prompts you to enter your uniqname and UMID.
- Complete and submit the registration form.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your graduate coordinator or email@example.com.