Students have the opportunity to choose from multiple options that work best for them to earn this degree:
To develop innovative solutions, today’s engineers need to be rooted in a strong background of product development and production, with a clear understanding of how to work with virtual global teams. This degree prepares students to meet these challenges by integrating core elements of both automotive design and manufacturing.
Undergraduate students at the College of Engineering in Ann Arbor have the opportunity to speed their progress towards an ISD Master of Engineering degree through the Sequential Undergraduate/Graduate Study (SUGS) program:
Students who receive an undergraduate BSE degree from the U-M – Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Joint Institute (U-M SJTU) can also pursue an Integrative Systems + Design Engineering Master’s degree at U-M through the Sequential Undergraduate/Graduate Study (JI-SUGS) Program:
Refining the crossroads of engineering and business
Growth and diversification in the global automotive market is expected to drive more change in the next ten years than during the previous 50 years.
In order to make the most of this hyper-competitive and technologically intensive environment, engineers will need a clear understanding of how to work with virtual global teams and strong backgrounds in both product development and production.
The Master of Engineering in Global Automotive and Manufacturing (GAME) is a 30-credit program designed to meet the needs of a global audience. It prepares students to work virtually and collaboratively and develop the competency to build and lead global teams. It offers global content, integrates core elements of both automotive design and manufacturing, and provides students with an opportunity to develop depth in an engineering specialty as well as breadth in engineering and knowledge of basic management issues. Courses are available both online and on campus. Many students complete the degree entirely online.
Upon completion of the MEng in GAME, a student will demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge in the product development and manufacturing of automotive systems
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Automotive Engineering and Science
- Technical proficiency in one of the specialties in automotive systems, systems integration, or manufacturing
- Ability to integrate and apply sound global business concepts to engineering applications
- Competence in building and leading effective globally distributed teams that are diverse in terms of culture, business environment, and disciplinary perspective
- Capacity to develop and effectively manage technical projects
- Ability to leverage the aforementioned competencies to develop innovative solutions for a global automotive market